Needham Track Club Youth Summer Program
The Needham Track Club sponsors a summer youth track and field program for boys and girls ages 3 through Middle School, meeting 2-3 nights per week from 6:30 - 8:10 at the DeFazio Field (340 Dedham Avenue) from mid-June through July. The program is open to children of all skill and experience levels. Parent volunteers and High School-College age CITs help run the program. Activities over the summer include practice sessions, low-key program competition, and full fledged track meets that include children from other towns. We also have special nights such as Trophy Night (each child wins a trophy), Medal Night, Neck Ribbon Night, Parent Child Meet, and the Needham Olympics. Every session concludes with popsicles. Children are spread across three programs:
- Pre-School Program - Open to children from age 3 - 5 1/2
- Elementary School Program - Open to children from age 5 1/2 through grade 4 (children completing grade 5 or 6 can choose the elementary program or the Cyclone Program)
- Cyclone Middle School Program - Open to children completing grade 5 - grade 8
The Needham Track Club is a family participation organization. We encourage parents to spend quality time with their children by volunteering during the evening sessions and/or at our special events. Parents will receive a T-shirt the same color as their child(ren). Typical roles include:
- Traveling Volunteer -- Help organize an age group and take children to each event on the evening schedule. Organize heats, hand out ribbons, and record results. Parents need little knowledge of track and field -- you just need to enjoy being with enthusiastic kids.
- Information Table / FIrst Aid / Scoring / Refreshments - Assist with a focused area not on the field
- Special Meets -- Help at the Finish Line, Field Events, Information Table, Refreshments, etc.
Click here to register for the summer program.
Click here for summer schedule.
To volunteer, fill out the appropriate section of the registration form or contact us.
NOTE: Our summer program is open to children with physical, mental, and emotional challenges. Contact us.